Saturday, June 15, 2013

Oh hey, it's Spain!

Well this week has been interesting. Our internet has been ka-pootzy for the past week. It would turn off and on all the time and wouldn't work. until Thursday night we lost it for good. We seriously just got it back today, Saturday in the afternoon. On another note, our bathroom has been flooding and we couldn't use the toilet and then another one of our bathrooms the maintenance people took the toilet seat to fix it. So... We only had one bathroom. And since our toilet wasn't working and leaking when we flushed we just decided not to use it but use the shower. But alas, the shower has been leaking when we get in it. So fingers grossed its all good now since they came and fixed it today. 
On a completely unrelated topic, I went to a Salsa Club at the Regency Hotel and it was pretty cool. It was in their restaurant and there was live band. There were dances like Salsa, Meringue, Cha-Cha, and Barchada? It's new to me. It's like a slow salsa. We went there Thursday and Friday night. It was definitely packed on Thursday but not Friday so we danced a lot more on Thursday. But Friday was fun because three of us went and just hung out. But we are definitely planning on going another day. It is going to be awesome. 
I am officially out of money now. All that is left in my wallet is all I have left. And I still have to pay for Wadi Rum which is stupid that we have to pay for it out of pocket but oh well. It's casual. So tomorrow at school I'll go to the ATM and figure out what to withdraw. It's a little unnerving to know I only have like 40 dinar in my wallet, but I'll make do. 
I missed the Souk yesterday but we went to a city called Salt where we learned about traditional Arab wedding. We got to dress up in what they'd wear and learn to do some of the dance. It was really fun and two Arab guys there rapped for us. It sounded really awesome even though I didn't know what they were saying. They were the ones that taught us to dance. We were supposed to go to this museum but I guess since Friday is the Holy day for them they wouldn't open it up. So that sucks, but we got to eat really delicious food there. Overall it was really fun and I almost skipped on it because I was feeling really lazy this weekend. But overall, this weekend was great. I wouldn't trade this trip and this experience for anything. People ask me if I miss home, but I really don't... I love it here so much. The culture, the people, the food, everything around us. I love Greece too, and I'd say I like Greece more, because I just really am into that kind of building and things like that too. Plus I also was allowed not to die of heat stroke and wear shorts. But I'd have to say, I am really said that I only have two weeks left. I wish I could have done 8 weeks here, but that's okay. 
And I'll leave it at that. 
Everybody have a wonderful day
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment