So this might get a little sentimental here, but it's happening either way.
Yesterday we went to a Palestinian Refugee camp for my Arab-Israeli Politics class. I didn't think I'd like that class but I really enjoy it. I'm learning so much and I find it so fascinating. I'm going to go into the whole details, and you can be mad for saying this, but I'm Pro-Palestinian. It's whatever, again, not going into the details.
The Palestinians must hate America. All America does is support Israel and all Israel does is like kill people and take more land from the Palestinian people. So the guy we went to told us a story of his grandfather. The Israeli military came in and there was a massacre and everyone left because they were so scared. And now they live in Jordan and his family have been living in a refugee camp ever since. They make enough money to have a fairly nice house (for a refugee camp mind you) but a lot of people don't. In some places ambulances can't get there if there is an emergency. Kids run around and they're so sweet. A boy shook my hand then got so excited because I had blonde hair and I'm the only girl in our group with blonde hair. It was so cute and precious. Girls waved to us and then when we'd turn a corner the kids would follow us. I wish I could have stayed longer and talked to other people. It would have been so cool. But at Ali's house they served us juice, coffee, and a dessert.
There isn't too much to say, but like it was just an eye-opening experience. And I have to say I'm so blessed to be able to be in Jordan. I'm also so blessed to be able to go to school where I go and live the life I have. I've worked hard to be where I am but I was the one who got put in the family I have and where I live. Of course, I've been thinking about things, and with this class and many other things, I've grown to believe that I might want to move somewhere else to work. Maybe Canada? Or Europe? Heck, Jordan even. I absolutely love it here and I'm so sad its already half way over.
So that's it for now, I just thought that I would share.
No comments:
Post a Comment