As most of you know, the Islamic culture and religion, they have to pray at least 5 times a day. That means starting at 4 in the morning. So what does that mean? I woke up. And I'm a bit tired but not enough that I could go back to sleep. So instead, I'm doing nothing and then got on Facebook to talk with my Momma. Hopefully I'll be sneaking off to bed soon.
But when they pray its really cool. I know the mosque is kind of close, but not that close. Its really loud and I don't know if someone is like praying into a microphone or its like a CD but its cool to hear. And you know, since the whole 5 times a day rule applies I get to hear it a lot. So its pretty interesting. Well, except when it wakes me up at 4. Oh well. First day.
I was so exhausted last night that I was asleep by like 11 and thought for sure I'd sleep straight through the night. Nope. Instead I woke up at 1 in the morning and then as said, 4. It is 4:30am here, which means its 6:30pm Washington time. I'm not converting that for any of my non Washington readers... Sorry.
I thought my first post would be really exciting but it wasn't. Like I was just too tired. Kind of disappointed.
So my schedule today is at 4pm we go see as mosque and then walk around the market for a few hours. So that'll be fun. And then tomorrow we start really early so that kind of sucks, but it is what it is. And THEN I START CLASSES!
Oh Lord, I need to get into Arabic 3. Everyone else though is seeming to be taking Arabic 1 so that sucks I won't know anyone, but then again we'll have the elective class together, which is good.
So last night only 3 of my roommates were there. So we walked downstairs to go to the market and then just as we got out the van pulled up with our other 2. So convenient. So our site manager (one of them) Ghadeer took us to a tiny grocery store that really didn't have anything. But oh well. Some girl bought a case of water thats only like 6 and they were like lets all switch who buys the case so we can just drink the water, but I'm like I don't drink as much as they do so it sucks for me. But then we went to this little restaurant where I got something that I can't remember the name for the life of me. But it was like this baked bread with potatoes on it. It was quite tasty actually. And large. I couldn't even eat the whole thing and I also got a water there so it cost me like 3.50 in US dollars. Not bad, I must say. I'll post a picture of it later.
But that is it for now.
So Maa'salam!
I bet there will come a time that the chants from praying just becomes background or white noise, like traffic sounds do, and you can just keep sleeping. You never know though.
ReplyDelete