Well
today was pretty good. It wasn't very exciting during the morning since I was
the first one up and nobody really got up until a lot later. But its casual. So
at 4pm we got on a taxi and went to a mosque. It was really interesting to be
in in one and I got to wear the robe from Jordan, since its required. I already
love it here and its my first full day. I loved to be able to experience the
culture that way. The whole city is so amazing. The Mosque was very small
compared to what I thought it would be, but over all a great experience. I was
so excited to be able to see it. After that we were there we got on a taxi and
went into town. Well, more like city. We live by a bunch of markets, but it
definitely isn't like the heart of the city. We went to so many different
places that I can't even tell you the names. One was a women's environmentally
safe place that was really cool and all the money goes to the women. I had the most delicious hummus sandwich with falafel in it. So. Tasty. We left like this Jordanian tourist place thing with a restaurant and a coffee place. Our site manager took us to this weird rooftop thing and all that was on the top were two guys just hanging out and the cutest cat ever. And we get to the top are a ton of pigeons just chilling and I'm like what the heck? So they put a pigeon on my head. ON MY HEAD! What?? It was so weird and random. But hey, I was sold.
Then we went and had something to drink, I had lemon with mint and it was like blended. It was so good too! I'm dying, everything is so freaking tasty.
But I'm so tired and have to get up early tomorrow so I'm heading to bed now.
Maa'Salam.
Trust Melea to find a cat on her first day....glad your finding good food and drinks
ReplyDeleteA pigeon in your head...oh my! Do not bring home pigeon poop as a souvenir, find something else! Glad you are finding good food - I am waiting for a coffee review.
ReplyDeleteLove ya!
I think I may have finally conquered this blasted BLOGGER hurdle... had me jumping thru all sorts of stupid computer hoops-- on one leg while rubbing my tummy and patting my head! *insert eye roll*
ReplyDeleteI just wanted you to know how absolutely EXCITED I am for you! I hope you have a fabulous experience and can't wait to read about all your little mini adventures. I miss you and can't wait to catch up and talk in person... whenever that actually happens in the foggy & distant future! Hooray for You!!! ☺