Ah, now that Carsen has told me to update my blog, I shall do it. It must be done! And quickly! So since the Dead Sea nothing exciting has really been happening. We went out a few nights, but nothing special. School has been, well you know, school. The really long over two hour classes really suck. And I thought I would hate the Arab-Israeli Conflicts class but I actually really like it. Did I mention my teacher is from Canada? (Marina you better be reading this! CANADA!) So every time I get into class and he says a word and I hear his accent I just want to start singing "Ohhhh Caannnaaadddaaa, oh Caanndadddaaaa!" But then I realize that is really not the best idea... But yeah, it's pretty sweet.
And since I have nothing better to mention, let me tell you guys something that I think is just adorable. So for the frist day there was this like 'ice cream truck' music playing in the streets and moving away and then closer to us. We didn't know what the heck was going on but we finally spotted the truck! Guess what is inside the truck? Propane. That's right, gas. It's WONDERFUL! I seriously LOVE it! Not even joking. I think it is so precious. It cracks me up so much. Like I just want to see the children running out to buy propane, but I mean that's not happening.
So last night when a few of us were still out we get this call. And one of the guys is like we have to go home. And I was like oh okay, why? Apparently there were some 'sketchy things' going on around our apartments (mother, please don't worry. I know you really won't, but Dad if you're reading this cool your jets, because everything here is really safe. I've NEVER felt threatened or unsafe). Anyway, we get in a taxi to come back and we were like okay whatever. So two of the guys walk us home because first, they're gentlemen and second, they wouldn't let anything happen to any of us. I love that about our group. We all get along so well and take care of one another and have each others back. So there was nothing weird going on and we got in our apartments and the guys go off on their way to get back to their apartment. We get inside and the girls tell us apparently some guy was cat calling them and being all gross when they were hanging laundry on he balcony. And before that when they were walking back they passed some guys and when they turned around the guys had turned and started to walk after them. Nothing happened at all, but its still a little weird. Of course it was pretty late and nothing like that ever happens in the daylight. But now that we reported it we know what to do if it happens again. I doubt it will and they guys probably wouldn't have done anything, but better safe than sorry. Obviously I felt fine, I wasn't there when it was happening.
But anyway, guess what is happening this weekend? What? What is that I hear? AQABA! I'm so excited! Apparently we are going to go scuba diving. I'm PUMPED! And its a weekend trip so we stay there. It's like a dream come true! Beyond excited. Like I'm dying. And I mean, yes, I will probably have to get over my irrational fear of fish bigger than like a Beta (hey Giraffe, hows it going? Hope you're still alive) but it'll be fun even if I don't. But oh well.
So pretty much that's it. I've just been doing homework and walking around the city for the most part. Oh and tonight one of the girls rooming with us made us this dinner with chicken and rice. Don't worry, I was all good. I just had rice potatoes and carrots. Like some of my favorite three things! It was so tasty. It has this weird 7 spices in it, I don't really know, nor do I care. Because it was delicious.
So yeah, life in Jordan is awesome and I love it.
xoxoxo
Thanks for the update!! I love reading about your trip :) Sounds so fun. HAVE FUN SCUBA DIVING!!!
ReplyDeleteThere are no Canadian teams left in Stanley Cup playoffs, so I would'nt sing "O Canada " for your prof. And thanks for the tip, I'm not chasing any musical trucks in Jordan!
ReplyDelete