It's over. I took my Arabic final and I'm forever done with Arabic 201.
After realizing that I have indeed, learned a lot, even though the others are ahead of me, I still feel pretty accomplished. I mean, that is if I end up passing the class. Happy thoughts guys!
I think I'll be fine.
My teacher is absolutely adorable. She got us all these necklaces that have our names written on a grain of rice that floats in this blue stuff. It is so cute. I love her, she is precious. I took my oral test today too and did a lot better at that than I did at the written test. She told all of us after our tests she would miss us and we took pictures with her as a class.
Man, I'm really sad guys. Like I might cry. I absolutely love here, which I'm so thankful for because otherwise this trip would suck. And everyone here has been supportive and such great friends. I can't believe I'm leaving this beautiful, kind country in just three days. Wow. Time has really flown by.
So tomorrow I've got my last final and we are all going out to dinner Thursday as one group. The ten of us troopers throughout this trip.
I couldn't have imagined this to go any better than it has. I'm so grateful I've been able to have this experience. There is no way I could have done this without the support of my family. So thank you guys for helping me get where I am today. This has been one of the most eye opening things that has ever happened to me.
On another note, as sad as I am to be leaving, I'm going to Germany for a week after this to see my exchange student and her family. I'm excited to see Lisa after over a year! Plus, Germany, come on, it's beautiful. So it'll be not as bad to leave Jordan to go on another adventure to another gorgeous country. Look me go guys, explorer Melea. Has a nice ring to it.
It'll be so crazy to be home after that. I'm a little surprised by it all. What am I going to do to have my boring, old normal life back?
I guess I'll see when I get home!
So are you going to keep your blog up in Germany? It would be fun to follow you there too, but you will have to say Guten Tag instead of Marhaba (just thinking).
ReplyDeleteI am also glad this trip has been wonderful. I wish I could have been there too, but so glad you are taking on amazing challenges like this!