Monday, June 17, 2013

Hipping it up in Amman

I know, cheesy title. 
But we headed to the artsy part of Amman where the kind of hipsters hangout and there is are everywhere. We walked around and I finally bought something for myself! Two shirts. So exciting, I know, you guys will have to contain yourselves over that. 
There also was a looking delicious crepe place and chocolate place, but we didn't have time to stop. We went to this coffee shop called Graffiti very briefly and we get a discount for being students and then we get to write on the wall before we leave. I thought that was pretty exciting so I'll definitely have to go back. I thought it was a really cool idea. 



We eventually ended up in an art gallery area and there were some pretty sweet paintings. While we walked  to the location there were painting on the ground or the walls of building saying "We Claim the Sea" which apparently was an art place that was showing you the way to other art places along with their own. It was really exciting to see that kind of promotion. And while we walked around we ended up seeing all these houses who were portraying art and things like that. It was just a really exciting part of Amman. We stopped at this house that was turned into this huge art place. It was huge and there were ruins in the backyard with a church (cave like thing) and we wandered around for a while. There was a cafe there and everything. It was really fancy and cool. It was a shame we couldn't stay long since we had a time crunch and had to leave. 
But I am definitely looking to head back. We'll just have to find out because I have no time. And everyone wish my luck on Wednesday (or mid/late Tuesday for you guys) because my Arabic midterm is that day. Which is why this is so short since I have to go study. 

This is the outfits from the Salt since I just got around to it










2 comments:

  1. Since I just got home and you asked about Giraffe a few days ago he says HI MOM and good luck on your MidTerm ;) haha and he misses you....and I miss you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waa I miss you and Giraffe!
      Haha thanks, I got 5/10. Good huh? FML.

      Delete